Manny Pacquiao riles Adrien Broner by indulging Floyd Mayweather rematch talking

Manny Pacquiao riles Adrien Broner by indulging Floyd Mayweather rematch talking




Manny Pacquiao will defend his WBA welterweight title against Adrien Broner in January – but the Filipino superstar already has his eye on a rematch with Floyd Mayweather.

The two men held a news conference to confirm the scheduling of the fight, set for 19 January in Las Vegas, only for Pacquiao to rile Broner by discussing the prospect of facing Mayweather again.

“We talk and, you know, he said he wants to come out of retirement to fight me and to challenge me but I told him: ‘I got the belt and you have to challenge me and come out from your retirement’,” the Filipino said of a match publicized meeting with Mayweather at a music festival in Tokyo.



“But we cannot underestimate Adrien Broner, we cannot underestimate this fight. I have to get through this fight first before we talk about the rematch with Floyd Mayweather.”

Broner responded: “He ain’t fighting Floyd, he’s fighting me. I’m gonna beat your ass, you worry about Floyd, he’s already beat you brother.

“I’m really thankful. There were a lot of people who wanted this fight and God blessed me to get it. I guess I am just the chosen one. He’s a future Hall-of-Famer. It’s going to be a helluva fight. 

No comments

Powered by Blogger.